I put up a poll on Instagram asking if you guys wanted a blog post with activities you can do at home, because, well… self isolation and self quarantine is truly in full effect now. I actually had to fly back from New York about a week ago, and the rest of my semester has gone fully online. I know a lot of you are probably in the same boat, and honestly, it’s very hard to adapt to life inside all the time when you’re used to a busy schedule (especially when you live in a city like New York!). Everyone that voted said that they wanted me to write this post, and I hope it can be helpful for all of you!
- Start a new book/create a book club with some of your friends.
- Make a new playlist.
- Cook or bake something (banana bread is next on my list for baking).
- Go outside for a walk if there’s an empty, open area.
- Binge watch a new TV show. I recommend New Girl, Parks and Rec, You, Cheer, The Circle, Atypical, Love Island UK, Glow Up, and Queer Eye.
- Make some art or color. I bought a mandala coloring book and it’s super relaxing.
- Do an at home workout to get moving.
- Give yourself an at home manicure. I turn on a show in the background when I do this.
- Start a blog or find new ones to read.
- Do some online shopping (you don’t even need to buy anything; it’s fun to browse and find new stores and boutiques).
- FaceTime with your friends and loved ones.
- Download Tiktok; I caved and finally got an account. Some of the videos are so funny, and I love seeing the different beauty products people recommend.
- Make a coffee run to a drive through near you.
- Do an at home face and hair mask.
- Listen to podcasts.
- Create new Pinterest boards and find inspiration.
- Reorganize your room, closet, or drawers.
- Write someone a letter.
- Experiment with new makeup looks and new hairstyles.
- Buy some stickers and decorate a laptop case.
- Donate some of your old clothing.
- Clean your makeup brushes.
- Have a movie night with snacks.
- Work on a puzzle.
- Pray or meditate.
- Create a morning or nighttime routine.
- Declutter your phone – delete old apps, pictures, and emails.
- Create a list of goals you want to accomplish in the next year.
- Spend time self reflecting and journaling.
- When all else fails… watch cat videos.
I hope all of you are staying inside and are healthy! More blog posts coming soon, I promise! xo
Talk to you soon!