Happy Friday everyone!
I picked out some of my must-have items to share with you. These are my closet essentials. I mentioned some of these pieces in the fashion tag, but today I’ll be spilling my secrets on why you should have these and how to style them.
1. Denim Jacket: I literally wear my denim jacket all the time. It can make any outfit more stylish, which is why I love it. Even if you’ve been at home all day wearing shorts and a t-shirt, a denim jacket can make your outfit more put together. You can also style it casually or more dressy. I honestly think that everyone should have one. They are a serious style game changer.
2. High-Waisted Jeans: If I could get away with wearing my high-waisted jeans everyday, I would. The Topshop Joni jeans are amazing. The price is also so reasonable for them. I have pairs of these that I bought about three years ago, and I still wear them to this day. High-waisted jeans are great because if you wear a cropped shirt, you don’t have to wear anything under it if you don’t want to. They are really skinny so they look flattering on. Because of that, you don’t have to worry about the ends of your jeans popping out at the top of your boots (major bonus for me). They are so comfortable as well. People have asked me before if I’m wearing leggings, when in reality I’m wearing these. Please go do yourself a favor and buy a pair if you haven’t already.
3. Accessories: I think that it is essential to have some basic accessories in your wardrobe. I’m talking about accessories that you will wear often, match your other pieces, and will last you a long time. I am showing two rings and my watch. A watch is a really easy piece to throw on, and you can wear one with any outfit. The same goes for rings. Accessories are great to have when you need to add a little sparkle to your outfit.
4. Causal T-Shirts: You can seriously get away with wearing casual shirts everyday, which is why they’re a staple piece in my wardrobe. Depending on what your day consists of, you can dress them up or down with the right accessories. You can make a simple t-shirt look so awesome with what you pair it with. One of the best things of all is that most people already own casual t-shirts. I like to wear these with shorts, a cute pair of shoes, and my denim jacket. You can make all sorts of combinations with them.
5. Black Booties: I’m sure you all thought that I’d be done posting photos of these shoes, but unfortunately I’m not. Black boots are a must-have for me. They can make any outfit look chic and sophisticated very quickly. They also come in so many different styles, so you have many options when buying a pair. Boots also go with so many different things. In the spring and summer, you can style these with a cute skirt or dress. In the fall and winter, these look great with long jeans. The boots you buy don’t necessarily have to be black, I just like black boots because I know they match everything.
6. Leather Jacket: Leather jackets are a great piece to invest in. They are great quality, and they make your outfit a little bit edgier. If you don’t want to spend the money on a real leather jacket, there are faux ones that you can buy. You need to get one if you don’t own one already because they are so trendy every year. They really are a timeless piece, and again, you can pair them with anything. They are amazing if you want a heavier jacket that isn’t going to weigh you down and is shorter.
7. A Nice Handbag: I think everyone should have a handbag that they love in their closet. It doesn’t even have to be an expensive bag. You can buy any handbag, whether it’s one that costs twenty dollars to one that’s designer. I am showing my Rebecca Minkoff backpack because it’s one of my favorite bags. Rebecca Minkoff is really great for bags because there are so many that she designs that look similar to popular bags. I’ve seen some that resemble the Chanel Boy and the Givenchy Antigona, while still looking like a unique design. Obviously it still is designer, so it costs a few hundred dollars, but it’s way less than if you were going to buy a Chanel or Givenchy original. Of course though, Urban Outfitters sells amazing bags and so does Francesca’s for even less money. I recommend picking out a bag that is a color that will match your clothes and a style that you like. All that matters is that you’re happy with the bag and will get wear out of it.
If you want to build on to your clothes collection, hopefully this has helped you find a few staple pieces. I really enjoyed sharing this with you!
Here’s what I’m showing:
Denim Jacket from BP in Nordstrom (similar)
Printed T-Shirt with Baseball Sleeves from Urban Outfitters
Black, Pointed Toe Boots from Ash
Leather Jacket from BB Dakota (links here)
Pssst: Make sure to check out my shop if you haven’t already.
Talk to you soon!